Wee-R-Sweetz is a family owned business that originally started in Charlotte, North Carolina by:
William B. Canipe.
Wee-R-Sweetz is most known for its homemade salt water taffy. The taffy that we make is made from scratch in house. The process is simple yet complicated, the ingredients are simple the process is complicated. The machines that we use in the store to make the taffy are over 90 years old. This is what draws people into the store; the sound of the machines, the smell of the candy, and of course the amazing taste. When you walk in the store you see someone making the taffy and running the machines. As soon as you step into the store a piece of taffy is thrown at you to sample. This is what people remember it’s not just taffy it’s the whole experience that people receive when they come to the store. Although Wee-R-Sweetz is known for our salt water taffy we also make homemade fudge, chocolates, and dipped fruits.
Wee-R-Sweetz is a second generation family owned business come be a part of our family
here in Myrtle Beach, SC!
Wee R Sweetz History
- 1978 Mr. Canipe decided to expand his operations to Magic Harbor in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- 1986 Mr. Canipe’s youngest son Todd Canipe graduated from college and decided to become a partner in the business.
- 1988 Wee-R-Sweetz was born and opened its first location in Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC specializing in homemade chocolates and salt water taffy. Due to the high volume of the Barefoot Landing location, Butch Canipe (Oldest Son) became a partner in the company. Butch became head of the wholesale operation which was moved to Longs, SC.
- 1993 Wee-R-Sweetz expanded to our second location at Broadway at the Beach.
- 2014 Wee-R-Sweetz is expanding to our third location on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
The Canipe Family